What are the conditions for obtaining custody in case of divorce?
Conditions for obtaining custody
Q. What are the conditions for obtaining custody in case of divorce?
A. In the United States, the main issue in custody disputes is Best Interest of the Child. And it is up to the courts to decide.
Family law in the United States varies from state to state, so the details may vary from state to state, but the main issues we see are:
1. The age and number of children
2. Relationships between parents and children
3. The quality and quantity of time parents spend with their children
4. Parental fitness
5. Parental Residence
6. Whether parents have a relationship that allows them to discuss and cooperate with each other about their children, such as the right to visit
7. Your child’s work
8. Your child’s preferences
9. Relationships with brothers
10. Stable environment
11. Your child’s safety
12. Working Hours and Responsibilities of Parents
Since there are many differences in the custody case depending on the facts and circumstances, we recommend that you consult with a professional lawyer in order to proceed with the case to your advantage.